Sun, Feb 18|
Yoga Nidra w/Felicia
Connect to the Stillness within you!
Time & Location
Feb 18, 2024, 12:30 PM – 1:15 PM
Stone Soup, 314 Carmel Dr, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547, USA
About the event
Therapy for the Soul Presents
Yoga Nidra w/Felicia
Donation Based Event!
This beautiful guided practice is often referred to as "yogic sleep." It is a powerful relaxation and meditation technique that originated from the ancient Indian tradition of yoga. The practice aims to induce a state of conscious relaxation, allowing individuals to experience deep relaxation while remaining awake and aware.
Here's a breakdown of key aspects of Yoga Nidra:
- Purpose:The primary goal of Yoga Nidra is to reach a state of profound relaxation at both the physical and mental levels. It is designed to release tension, calm the mind, and promote overall well-being.
- Technique:Participants typically lie down in a comfortable and relaxed posture, such as Savasana (corpse pose), with eyes closed.
- Progressive Relaxation:The practice often involves systematically guiding attention to different parts of the body, allowing for a progressive release of physical tension. This helps in achieving a state of deep relaxation.
- Breath Awareness:Conscious breathing is a fundamental aspect of Yoga Nidra. Practitioners are encouraged to bring attention to the natural breath, fostering awareness of the breath's rhythm and the connection between breath and relaxation.
- Visualizations:Guided visualizations are commonly used to enhance the relaxation experience. Participants may be asked to visualize calming scenes or images, promoting a sense of tranquility and inner peace.
- Intention Setting:Some sessions include the setting of a Sankalpa, which is a positive and affirming statement or resolution made during the practice. This intention is believed to influence the subconscious mind positively.
- Levels of Consciousness:The practice may involve moving through different levels of consciousness, including the waking state, dream state, and deep sleep state, while maintaining awareness. This is one of the unique aspects of Yoga Nidra.
- Benefits:Yoga Nidra is associated with numerous benefits, including stress reduction, improved sleep, enhanced focus and concentration, and a greater sense of well-being. It is also used therapeutically for conditions like insomnia, anxiety, and PTSD.
Yoga Nidra can be practiced by individuals of all ages and fitness levels, making it accessible to a wide range of people. It is often used as a tool for relaxation, self-discovery, and personal transformation.
Bring extra blankets, yoga mat and pillows for comfortability.